Thus begins the saga of the Giants/Dolphins fan. It really is a similar experience rooting for the Dolphins and the Giants. You wouldn’t think so, but the fan experience both teams provide is very similar. I’ll elaborate in a future post, I’m sure. But for now I’ll just say that watching both is basically torture.
This blog will be a novel task for me—taking all of the moaning, hoping, and disappointment that I normally speak out loud and putting it into writing. Much to say, so here goes post number one:
It has been a long baseball season, and now it is wrapping up and the Giants are all but out of the playoff picture. I know that the season is still going on, and there is still a chance for the Giants, but I am also trying to power down and get used to the idea that they are out before it is official. I was heartbroken for a short while: I mean, it would be nice to at least get INTO the playoffs in an odd year. But I get reality too. We were a broken team all year. Just about every SF Giant has ended up injured along the line. Several of our biggies (read: Pence) have spent much of the season banged up and unable to play. So, in any most games we were probably trotting out about 1/2 to 2/3 of our original intended lineup. And if our hitters were healthy then our pitchers were injured. We fought the good fight to get this far.
But it’s over, so now I'm reading through free agent lists and analysis, trying to figure out who the Giants will be able to sign in the off-season. This, along with football watching, will be my new pastime for the next seven months.
Aaron's Free Agent Log: 9-15-15
We need pitching. There is just no other way to say it. At this point in the early wrangling, I'd like to see the Giants snag Leake and Zimmerman. I'd feel absolutely rosy about that offseason.
If we want to shoot for the moon, Leake and David Price would be a dream. I mean, why not shoot for the moon?
But first things first: I'd like to see them retain Leake for mid-level money. And why the heck not: Bring Timmy Lincecum back as a bullpen gamble with low risk and possible awesome upside.
No comments:
Post a Comment